We have been on an almond "kick" for some time now... Not "lots" of almonds, but an enjoyable quantity.
Raw. Oven-roasted. Candied. Almond Milk. Almond Flour. Almond Meal. Almond Butter... Almonds are versatile - and just plain AWESOME! They are also super-easy to transform into products which seem almost exotic... or at least like they came from a fancy healthy food store!
A decent blender or food processor. *Here, I am using a Cuisinart Smart Power Duet Blender/Food Processor, which comes in quite handy for multiple applications. Now, you can try this with an older blender... but the butter is fairly thick, so a blender on its way "out" may not survive.
1 C Raw Almonds
A wee bit of patience... depending upon the blender/processor you are using! It doesn't take too long, but I am not going to put a time on it, as blenders/processors will vary rather significantly.
As a note... Almond Butter is "S" for Trim Healthy Mama...
1. Measure out approximately 1 cup of raw almonds.
2. Place them in your handy blender.
3. Add 1/4 tsp salt (if desired)
4. Turn on to a medium speed.
It will be LOUD.
5. It will begin to look like a course crumble very quickly. Keep blending... Unless you are going for "Almond Meal", at which point, you are done!
6. Shortly thereafter, the crumble will begin to seem a bit moist, and slightly stick to the sides of the blender.
This is all VERY exciting!
... We are SO close!
... Even closer!
... and, YES... since these photos were taken, we finally broke down and gave her that "first hair cut"... just to get those bangs out of her eyes. ;)