A fantastic, filling S meal for Trim Healthy Mama!
Get yer bowl.
Get ready for seconds.
This pot of deliciousness is frequently requested by family and at fellowship potlucks! For those following Trim Healthy Mama, it is an "S"; low-carb, higher protein and fat. This is much lighter fare than the tasty, heavy "S" (low-carb, higher in protein, high in fat) I shared before: "RunAmok Mama's Chuckwagon Charm"!
Turmeric adds a healthy golden glow; topped with a dollop of sour cream and fresh sprigs of cilantro, this is a beautiful soup, with oodles of protein and loads of flavor! This is a soup you can proudly serve to company and take to potluck dinners! Not a super-quick soup, this is a bit quicker to make than Chuckwagon Charm, and gets away from the commonly-used cauliflower or broccoli found in many low-carb soups.
- 4 large, boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound Bacon (NOT “maple”; a smoked bacon is really good in this)
- 5 cups “Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Broth”, prepared
- 1/3 C Heavy Cream, separated in halves
- 1 8oz pkg Philadelphia 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
- 1 large Onion, chopped (or 3 small)
- 4 medium/large cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 small Zucchini, chopped
- 8-10 medium Mushrooms, sliced
- 6-8 sprigs of fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 TBS McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp powdered Turmeric and/or Curry (I like both!)
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Swanson Certified Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Tillamook Sour Cream (for topping)
10 - 12 servings
2. In skillet set at 250°, brown bacon.
4. While meat is cooking, chop onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, cilantro, and mushrooms.