Get ready to swoon... These satisfying cheesecake "truffles" are easy to whip up, and incredibly tasty!
If you are beyond the "newbie" stage, you are likely following some incredible, THM-friendly blogs, such as:
"Mrs. Criddle's Kitchen", "A Home With Purpose, "Briana Thomas", "Gwen's Nest", "All Day I Dream About Food", "Darcie's Dishes", "Counting All Joy", "Wonderfully Made And Dearly Loved", "Nana's Little Kitchen", "Oh Sweet Mercy", "Rohnda Sue", "Simply Healthy Home", "Working At Homeschool", "Anointed With Oil Of Joy", "The Fabuless Wife", "The Coers Family", "Bethany's Notions", and more!
So... yeah... What I am saying is, if you are frequenting these blogs, then foods which rock your taste-buds into the next realm really are "old news". BUT don't let your over-flowing recipe box keep you from trying these little gems!
8oz Cream Cheese (or 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
6-8oz frozen raspberries
2 1/2 TBS *powdered THM Super Sweet Blend (or *powdered Pyure)
1 TBS THM Baking Blend
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (we like the Kirkland brand, from Costco)
Toasted Coconut Topping
1/4 C Unsweetened Organic Coconut Shreds
1 TBS Butter
1 tsp *powdered THM Super Sweet Blend (or *powdered Pyure)
tiniest sprinkle of THM Himalayan Mineral Salt
4 - 5 Squares Bakers Chocolate
1 tsp *powered THM Super Sweet Blend (or *powdered Pyure)
1 tsp Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tsp heavy whipping cream
*Powdered THM Super Sweet Blend or Pyure is simply the regular item "ground" into a fine powder, similar to a powdered sugar consistency. You can do this by placing in a coffee grinder or even a Magic bullet or Nutribullet and pulsing until the sweetener reaches desired consistency.
1. In large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and frozen raspberries - Mix until fairly well blended. (I use my kitchen aid mixer, because it is awesome!)
2. Carefully add powdered THM Super Sweet Blend, THM Baking Blend and Vanilla Extract. Mix slowly at first, or the powdered Sweet Blend will fly everywhere!
3. Once mixture is smooth, taste and see if you need a bit more sweetener... then place bowl in freezer while you prepare the toasted coconut and chocolate drizzle.
Toasted Coconut Topping
1. In a small sauce pan, add unsweetened coconut shreds, butter, THM Super Sweet Blend and THM Himalayan Mineral Salt.
2. Place on stove-top, set at medium heat.
3. Stir continuously, or the coconut shreds will scorch. Keep the shreds moving, or the coconut will not be evenly toasted.
4. Once your coconut is lightly golden in color, remove from heat and keep stirring - or it will scorch just from the pan heat. (Trust me on this!)
5. It will brown slightly more, then pour onto a plate and spread out to cool.
1. In a small sauce pan on low heat, add the Baker's Chocolate squares, powdered THM Super Sweet Blend, and the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
2. Stir continuously, while the chocolate melts and the ingredients combine. You can use a double-boiler to keep from overheating, but I live on the edge!
3. Remove from heat and add the heavy cream, stirring until well-incorporated. If the chocolate is too thick, you can add a bit more coconut oil to thin it down. (Do a quick taste-test here and see if you need more sweetener.)
All together now...
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. (If your kitchen is warm, it isn't a bad idea to place your cookie sheet in the fridge for a few minutes.)
2. Remove Filling from freezer. Filling should be set enough to form into round "truffles" that hold their shape, but not so hard the coconut will not stick. Depending upon how long it took to prep the coconut topping and chocolate drizzle, you may need to put filling back in the freezer for a few more minutes... or to let it sit out for a few minutes before scooping.
3. When filling is easily scooped with a tablespoon... Run your hands under cold water and then blot to dry. Immediately scoop a bite-sized "truffle" and form into a ball, roll in coconut topping and set onto lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and coconut topping, working quickly, to avoid melted truffles!
4. Stir chocolate again, to make sure it is smooth and fluid; then, with a spoon, drizzle over truffles and place the cookie sheet into the freezer.
Shortly before serving, remove from freezer and let sit to slightly thaw. ENJOY!!