If you are looking for a filling but "lighter" snack or meal, this Raspberry Shortcake falls into the FP category - so is low in both fats and carbs - Making it a sure "waist-trimmer"! The sweet-tart of the raspberries baked right into the delicate, semi-sweet shortcake and topped with creamy, protein-rich, stevia-sweetened Greek Yogurt will make your taste-buds dance with joy!
Yes... for those just stumbling in here and wondering what the heck "Trim Healthy Mama" is... You can eat this, while boosting health AND trimming your figure! I promise.
3 TBS Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend (or 3 TBS RunAmok Mama's Quick Mix )
1 Egg white
8 - 10 Raspberries
2 TBS + 1 tsp Water, warm
2 tsp Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet Blend (or Pyure Organic Stevia)
1/2 tsp Aluminum-free Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
For Raspberry & Greek Yogurt Topping:
2/3 C Raspberries (if frozen, thaw slightly before serving)
1/4 C 0% fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 - 1 tsp Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet Blend (or Pyure Organic Stevia)
1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. In microwave-safe bowl, mix all shortcake ingredients EXCEPT raspberries. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add raspberries, and stir very gently, just to get them mixed into the batter.
3. Cook in microwave for 1 minute 25 - 35 seconds, being careful not to overcook.
4. Remove from microwave and let cool slightly, while preparing the topping.
1. Pour berries over shortcake, and arrange in a nice layer. (Or just throw them on all haphazard-like, because WHO CARES - You want to eat this NOW!)
2. Mix Greek Yogurt together with a small amount of the stevia extract and vanilla extract.
3. Top the shortcake and berries with the Greek Yogurt mixture, and serve immediately.
Try to eat it slowly.