1.5 C almonds
1 fresh egg white (or comparable carton whites)
1.5 TBS butter (we use Amish butter, when we can!)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp THM Himalayan Mineral Salt
2 TBS THM Gentle Sweet OR 1 TBS THM Super Sweet Blend (Or to taste)
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients EXCEPT the butter, until well-incorporated.
3. Smear softened butter onto a lined cookie sheet.
4. Pour almond mixture over the butter, press into a place in the oven. (It will be very "gooey".)
5. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir, then place back in oven for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven and stir again. The mixture should be much drier, sticky, and look somewhat crystallized. Test one of the almonds for taste/texture, keeping in mind these will be "soft" and "chewy" until they are completely cooled.
7. You may wish to bake another 5 minutes, if they really do not seem done... but keep a close eye on them, to prevent burning.
8. Remove from stove, stir and break apart if they are clumped. Let cool completely before eating. JUST KIDDING! I know you will be picking at them as they cool... (They really are, in my opinion, better once the cool and crisp up... but, I ate most of my serving while it was still warm - so much for self-control!)
These are S for Trim Healthy Mama. Serving size would be approximately 1 oz (approximately 20 - 25 almonds.)