Served up with RunAmok Mama's Zesty Zucchini Spears!
Served with Zesty Zucchini Spears, and accompanied by a side of stir-fry vegetables sautéed in butter, this makes for a wonderful "S" dinner for THMs - fit for any evening of the week!
2+ pounds of boneless pork spareribs
2 bags of pork rinds (we used one spicy and one regular)*
1/2 cup Frigo Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 eggs, preferably farm-fresh (not shown in picture)*
1 TBS McCormick Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp McCormick Curry Powder
3/4 tsp Kirkland Himalayan Pink Salt (or Swanson Ultra Himalayan Pink Salt)
1/2 tsp Swanson Organic Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
+ 4 Zucchini, sliced into spears (quartered, lengthwise, IF you are making the spears as shown.)
My original, "RunAmok Mama's Zesty Parmesan Shake 'N Bacon" coating...
* To avoid msg, maltodextrin and other unpleasantness, use REGULAR pork skins, which only contain the pork and salt. Add extra spice, such as cayenne and paprika to make up for the missing spices. I was in a hurry, so grabbed a spicy bag... but won't do that again.
**If you do not make Zucchini with the meal, you will have about half of the coating left-over; it can be stored in a container in the fridge for a meal later in the week.
***Also, if you do not make the Zucchini, 1 egg will suffice for the rest of the recipe.
5-6 Generous servings
Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Whisk your egg(s) in a shallow pan (see note above regarding number of eggs to use.)
8. Place in oven and set timer for 35 minutes.
11. Coat them, one slice at a time, in the Parmesan Pork-rind coating and place on a separate, foil-lined cookie sheet.
13. About 10 minutes before timer is up, you can start your stir-fry vegetables on the stove-top, if you intend to cook them for a side.
The coating should be crunchy and well-browned. The pork should be cooked through and an internal temperature should read approximately 160°F.
Zucchini should be fairly firm (still hold its shape) yet tender.