Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Coconut... Need I say more?
Almond Joy bars used to make me giddy - Obviously due to the gooey coconut and rich, dark chocolate... but the garbage they are comprised of -- well, lets just say the ingredient list makes me shudder!
Peanut butter is another obsessive love... I just couldn't bear to leave it out of my newest Trim Healthy Mama inspired treat! My daughters and I set out to incorporate ALL that is "goodness", in one, tasty little package. Packed full of flavor... Rich, sweet, nutty, and loaded with healthy fats and antioxidants...
Just Take Me Now!
Little layers of "HAPPY"!
- 3/4 Cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Swanson’s Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Adam’s Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 TBS Bob’s Red Mill shredded, unsweetened, coconut
- 1/2 tsp Kirkland Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kirkland Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/16 tsp (pinch) THM Himalayan Mineral Salt
- 3 - 4 TBS THM Gentle Sweet, or 1.5 - 2 TBS THM Super Sweet Blend*
*You may also sub your favorite, on-plan sweetener, "to taste".
To make layered treats, you may mini muffin cups, silicone muffin cups, silicone candy molds, conventional candy molds, or even ice-cube trays. The silicone cupcake liners are GREAT!
The ones below work very well. :)