A fun, tasty "S" for Trim Healthy Mama... Dressed up for Independence Day!
The girls and I made these little beauties for you -- just in time to celebrate our Nation's Independence!
Of course, some of you will immediately recognize the base recipe, as this sports just a few, simple tweaks setting it apart from my popular "Strawberry No-Mores"! We are sure your family and friends will love the subtle differences!
BEST? This is one of those "last minute" recipes you can easily throw together quickly. They will be a hit, and you can smile, knowing everyone believes you went all out. It will be our little secret.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!
20 (or so) fresh Strawberries
8oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 - 4 TBS THM Super Sweet Blend, *powdered
3/4 tsp Simply Organic Almond Extract
1 - 2 THM Butterfly Bar** (Dark Chocolate) or THM Milk Butterfly Bar (Milk Chocolate)
4-5 TBS heavy cream or half & half
20 (or so) blueberries
*Powdered sweetener is easy to make. Simply placed your sweetener into a coffee grinder or blender and pulse for a few seconds at a time until product reaches desired consistency... and a little tip you will thank me for: Unless you want a "cloud" of ground sweetener to filter through your entire kitchen, let it settle for a minute before opening the lid.
**If you do not have THM Butterfly Bars, you can use 2 squares of Baker's 100% Cacao.
1. Rinse strawberries and remove the stems.
2. With a paring knife, carefully cut from the tip of the berry down toward the base - but not all the way through. Then make a second cut, from the top to the bottom, forming an "X".
3. Spread the berries apart, slightly, being careful not to tear them.
4. Place berries in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
1. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, THM Super Sweet Blend, and almond extract until smooth and creamy.
2. Add grated chocolate into cream cheese mixture and mix thoroughly.
*To "grate" the chocolate, I cheat. I add chilled THM Butterfly Bar(s) to my blender and pulse the chocolate to a "fine" consistency. The chocolate and blender should be chilled, so the chocolate doesn't melt.
1. Add mixture to a piping bag, or if you do not have one, you can improvise using a Ziplock bag with a corner cut off.
If you are taking to a potluck and want these to be really "beautiful", then you should use a piping bag.
2. Place tip of bag down inside each strawberry, squeezing gently, with a bottom-to-top motion.
3. If using fresh blueberries, top each strawberry and then chill in refrigerator for up to 6 hours. If using frozen blueberries, serve immediately after topping.
NOTE: Try and avoid eating them all while you work... After all, you are making these for your loved ones.
Precision-run households may find my title, "RunAmok Mama" to feel a tad alarming, so I'd like to offer a quick assurance that my life is more an exercise of controlled chaos than sheer pandemonium!