1 C Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend (or RunAmok Mama's Quick Mix)
1/2 C Almond Flour (I use Honeyville)
1/2 C Trim Healthy Mama Oat Fiber
1 1/2 TBS Aluminum-free Baking Powder
2 tsp Dried Minced Garlic (or slightly less garlic powder)
1/2 tsp Trim Healthy Mama Mineral Salt
3 1/4 C shredded Mozzarella Cheese
3 oz Cream Cheese, cubed (or 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
2 large Eggs, beaten
To be used as a brush for the bread stick tops before baking:
1/8 C melted butter
Sprinkle of Trim Healthy Mama Mineral Salt (or sprinkle of garlic salt)
Sprinkle of Italian Seasoning
1/8 - 1/4 C Shredded Parmesan or Mixed Shredded Cheese of choice * to sprinkle on last couple minutes of baking
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (NOT "wax paper".)
- In mixing bowl, mix first 6 dry ingredients together. (I used my Kitchen Aid mixing bowl.)
- In microwave safe bowl (or large glass measuring cup) add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Place in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat several times until the cheese is fully melted and incorporated together.
- Roll the melted cheese mixture into the mixing bowl, add the beaten eggs, and turn the mixer on to low. You will need to stir down the sides to make sure all the dry ingredients are mixed in. Once mixed, knead with your hands until a pliable, elastic dough forms. *If you do not have a mixer that will handle this heavier dough, you can stir ingredients together and then knead with your hands.
- Separate dough into 10 -12 equal parts, shaping each into a "rope", forming that classic "bread stick" shape. *if dough dries while you are rolling, you can add to microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Arrange on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Mix melted butter and minced garlic (or garlic powder) together and brush the tops of each bread stick. Sprinkle a bit of salt and Italian seasonings across each one as well.
- Bake at 400 for 8 minutes, checking to be sure they are not browning too quickly. Remove from oven and sprinkle your chosen shredded cheese as a final topping. Place back in oven for a few more minutes, until cheese is melted and bread sticks look lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool... or be like my family and try and eat them while they are blistering hot. (NO, DON'T!)
Serve with soup and salad... or all on their own with spaghetti sauce or ranch dressing!