RunAmok Mama's Bacon Chicken Ranch Soup!
SERIOUSLY GOOD! SERIOUSLY.
A fantastic, filling S meal for Trim Healthy Mama!
Get yer ladle.
Get yer bowl.
Get ready for seconds.
This pot of deliciousness is frequently requested by family and at fellowship potlucks! For those following Trim Healthy Mama, it is an "S"; low-carb, higher protein and fat. This is much lighter fare than the tasty, heavy "S" (low-carb, higher in protein, high in fat) I shared before: "RunAmok Mama's Chuckwagon Charm"!
Turmeric adds a healthy golden glow; topped with a dollop of sour cream and fresh sprigs of cilantro, this is a beautiful soup, with oodles of protein and loads of flavor! This is a soup you can proudly serve to company and take to potluck dinners! Not a super-quick soup, this is a bit quicker to make than Chuckwagon Charm, and gets away from the commonly-used cauliflower or broccoli found in many low-carb soups.
1. Prepare bacon and chicken by cutting into bite-sized pieces. (I like to cut my chicken breast while it is partially frozen, as it makes the task much easier.)
2. In skillet set at 250°, brown bacon.
3. Once browned, add chicken and pepper to the skillet and cook thoroughly.
4. While meat is cooking, chop onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, cilantro, and mushrooms.
5. Once meat is cooked, remove from skillet and add vegetables (EXCEPT FOR CILANTRO) and 1/2 of heavy cream to the skillet, stirring frequently until onions are becoming translucent. (Vegetables should remain firm.)
6. While vegetables are cooking... To broth, add meat mixture, salt, Italian Seasoning and curry. Stir well.
7. Add cream cheese to stock pot, and cut into small pieces.
8. Stir until well-incorporated.
9. Add vegetables to pot and stir. Then add remaining heavy cream, stirring again.
10. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a few sprigs of fresh cilantro. *If you prefer, you can add the cilantro into the pot and cook together.
5/3/2014 07:05:55 am
Definitely worth the little bit of effort! I have had great family/friend reviews... :)
5/3/2014 06:05:13 am
I made the soup twice. The first time was for my family & me; we loved it.It's so delicious and very satisfying. The second time was for a small bible study group and they all wanted the recipe - they loved it!
5/3/2014 07:04:18 am
So glad you and your family/friends enjoyed it! It is one of our family's favorites - and I served it at a THM get-together, as well as a church potluck. Can't go wrong with another titled "Bacon Chicken Ranch"! ;)
9/7/2014 04:46:51 am
Can you put this in a crockpot and wait to add the heavy cream at the end when you get ready to eat it? I would like to try it next Sunday.
9/7/2014 07:28:06 am
9/7/2014 07:29:25 am
... but I haven't tried it... so if YOU do, please let us all know how it turns out! ;)
12/17/2014 03:20:00 am
You mentioned turmeric in your introduction, but I don't see it in the recipe. Is it supposed to be in the recipe?
1/10/2015 08:35:59 am
Hi Penny! How funny - Thank you for catching that!
12/17/2014 04:40:44 am
Sounds delicious. Can this be sent in e-mail form or pinterest so I can copy it? Love all the pictures, better then just writing down.
1/10/2015 08:40:08 am
Hi Arlene! I do have a Pinterest Board you might be interested in: http://www.pinterest.com/runamokfarm/everything-trim-healthy-mama/
12/17/2014 08:58:12 am
Have to tell you that my family loved this; definitely a hit!!!
12/17/2014 03:41:09 pm
Looks great! Is there a Pin for this recipe or a printer friendly version?
1/10/2015 08:42:29 am
12/19/2014 08:33:01 pm
Do you offer a printer-friendly version of this?
1/10/2015 08:44:32 am
1/10/2015 08:45:54 am
YAY! So happy your family enjoyed! (Usually a crowd-pleaser!)
1/6/2015 07:37:09 am
I made this soup and it was delicious! My kids had some issues with all the different textures of the veggies, so I pureed the veggies with the broth and then added them meat and it was amazing! :) Just another way to try it.
1/10/2015 08:47:14 am
1/9/2015 04:26:09 am
Do you drain the bacon grease out after cooking, or leave it and add chicken to grease?
1/10/2015 08:50:59 am
1/19/2015 10:07:47 am
Any other recipes that even come close to this amazing meal? My family loves it! ALL of them!
Comments are closed.
Precision-run households may find my title, "RunAmok Mama" to feel a tad alarming, so I'd like to offer a quick assurance that my life is more an exercise of controlled chaos than sheer pandemonium!