SERIOUSLY GOOD! SERIOUSLY.
A fantastic, filling S meal for Trim Healthy Mama!
Get yer ladle.
Get yer bowl.
Get ready for seconds.
This pot of deliciousness is frequently requested by family and at fellowship potlucks! For those following Trim Healthy Mama, it is an "S"; low-carb, higher protein and fat. This is much lighter fare than the tasty, heavy "S" (low-carb, higher in protein, high in fat) I shared before: "RunAmok Mama's Chuckwagon Charm"!
Turmeric adds a healthy golden glow; topped with a dollop of sour cream and fresh sprigs of cilantro, this is a beautiful soup, with oodles of protein and loads of flavor! This is a soup you can proudly serve to company and take to potluck dinners! Not a super-quick soup, this is a bit quicker to make than Chuckwagon Charm, and gets away from the commonly-used cauliflower or broccoli found in many low-carb soups.
1. Prepare bacon and chicken by cutting into bite-sized pieces. (I like to cut my chicken breast while it is partially frozen, as it makes the task much easier.)
2. In skillet set at 250°, brown bacon.
3. Once browned, add chicken and pepper to the skillet and cook thoroughly.
4. While meat is cooking, chop onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, cilantro, and mushrooms.
5. Once meat is cooked, remove from skillet and add vegetables (EXCEPT FOR CILANTRO) and 1/2 of heavy cream to the skillet, stirring frequently until onions are becoming translucent. (Vegetables should remain firm.)
6. While vegetables are cooking... To broth, add meat mixture, salt, Italian Seasoning and curry. Stir well.
7. Add cream cheese to stock pot, and cut into small pieces.
8. Stir until well-incorporated.
9. Add vegetables to pot and stir. Then add remaining heavy cream, stirring again.
10. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a few sprigs of fresh cilantro. *If you prefer, you can add the cilantro into the pot and cook together.
Precision-run households may find my title, "RunAmok Mama" to feel a tad alarming, so I'd like to offer a quick assurance that my life is more an exercise of controlled chaos than sheer pandemonium!